- Freelance editing picture books, early chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels for independent authors and small publishers. Check out my Testimonials page to hear from some of my clients—and discover their excellent books!
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology from Carleton College, an institution known to produce excellent writers. Starting with my freshman year rhetoric class, I developed a firm grasp on grammar with a unusual fondness for comma rules.
- Elementary school teaching credential from the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis. This program included an excellent Children’s Literature class and extensive study of how to use literature in classrooms.
- Completed online course in writing nonfiction for the school and library markets, taught by the prolific Laura Purdie Salas.
- Teaching experience with preschool and elementary school-aged children in many venues, most recently co-teaching an after-school poetry class.
- Over a decade of work in freelance and permanent editing and writing positions in the business and public sectors. During my time at an educational software company the meticulous woman who edited and proofread others’ work had me edit and proofread her own. I was proud that she came to call me “Eagle Eye.”
Lifelong fan and student of children’s literature. I still read children’s books for study and pleasure.
- Member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators since 1998. Over the years I have attended many educational workshops and conferences. I have been a member and sometimes leader of a variety of children’s book critique groups, which have produced both self-published and traditionally published books.
And if that wasn’t enough…you can read my writer’s bio here.
Here is a list of my published books and poetry.