- Five plus years as a freelance children’s book editor, editing picture books, early chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, and activity books for independent authors and small publishers: Check out my Testimonials page to hear from some of my clients—and discover their excellent books!
- Elementary school teaching credential from the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis: The program included an excellent children’s literature class and a focus on using literature in the classroom.
- Teaching experience with preschool and elementary school-aged children in many venues, most recently as an after-school poetry teacher.
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology from Carleton College, an institution known to produce excellent writers: Starting with my freshman year rhetoric class, I developed a firm grasp of grammar and an unusual fondness for comma rules.
- Over a decade of work in freelance and permanent editing and writing positions in the business and public sectors: During my time at an educational software company the meticulous woman who edited and proofread others’ work had me edit and proofread her own. I was proud that she came to call me “Eagle Eye.”
- Lifelong fan and student of children’s literature: I still read children’s books for study and pleasure.
- Member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators since 1998: Over the years I have attended many educational workshops, courses, and conferences. I have been a member and sometimes leader of a variety of children’s book critique groups, which have produced both self-published and traditionally published books.
And if that wasn’t enough . . . you can read my writer’s bio here.
Here is a list of my published books and poetry.